Carolina Star Member Levels and Benefits
Carolina Theatre of Durham, Inc is a nonprofit organization committed to presenting the best in music, comedy, performing arts, independent cinema and arts education. Our mission is to serve greater Durham and the Triangle region with vibrant, thought-provoking programs of the performing and cinematic arts in our historic treasure, the Carolina Theatre. We strive to contribute to the cultural and economic vitality of downtown Durham and to delight and educate our children and future leaders.
We appreciate all the ways you show your support for the Carolina Theatre. Giving at any level has its benefits because we want to show our gratitude for your financial commitment to one of North Carolina’s premier cultural institutions. Thank you for your support!
Star Member Levels and Benefits
FAN: donations of $150-$249
- Reduced-fee ticket purchasing online through your CTD MyAccount or by phone to the Carolina Theatre Box Office ($4/ticket vs. Ticketmaster’s typical $7.50/ticket fee and $3 order fee; that is, for a pair of tickets, Members would pay $8 whereas general public would pay $18 in fees)
- Complimentary ticket returns/exchanges up to 72 hours prior to live events
- Access to Star Lounge open one hour prior to Star Series events
FRIEND: donations of $250-$499
- All benefits above, plus: Great Seat Guarantee: Members have access to premium seats not available to the public when buying online through your CTD MyAccount or at the Carolina Theatre Box Office
- Complimentary popcorn and soda at any event: Show your Star Member card to receive free regular size popcorn and soda at CTD concession stands (maximum two popcorn and soda orders per member household per visit)
PARTNER: donations of $500-$999
- All benefits above, plus: 12 parking passes for Star Series events in the deck across Morgan Street
- Exclusive Carolina Theatre appreciation gift
BENEFACTOR: donations of $1,000-$2,499
- All benefits above, plus: 10 complimentary film vouchers valid only for regular film screenings and Retro Film Series
- Two invitations to annual exclusive member event with the CEO
PATRON: donations of $2,500-$9,999
- All benefits above, plus: Right of First Refusal for Star Series shows that go on sale during your membership year: Choose two seats you love in Fletcher Hall, and we’ll reserve them for you for every show. As each show goes on sale, you will have the option to buy your hand-picked seats. If you don’t want to attend the show, just release the seats back to our Box Office within three weeks of the show. Regular ticket prices apply – Box seats not applicable
- An Additional 10 film vouchers for you and a guest: valid only for regular film screenings and Retro Film Series (total of 20)
- Two additional (4 total) invitations to exclusive member event with the CEO
CHAIR CIRCLE: donations of $10,000-$24,999
- All benefits above, plus: Special annual backstage tour
- Access to sold-out performances while supplies last
- Right of First Refusal for Star Series shows that go on sale during your membership year: Choose two additional seats (total of 4) you love, and we’ll reserve them for you for every show. As each show goes on sale, you will have the option to buy your hand-picked seats. If you don’t want to attend the show, just release the seats back to our Box Office within three weeks of the show. Regular ticket prices apply – this level includes access to box seats for Right of First Refusal
- Opportunity for one use Connie Moses Ballroom or our Star Lounge for a private event (food and beverage not included)
Become a SUSTAINER by dividing your Star Membership donation into 12 monthly payments to be charged to your credit card each month. Choose an amount (minimum $150/year) and we’ll do the math!
Audrey Shore, Development Manager
audrey [at] carolinatheatre [dot] org or (919) 560-3033
For more information on Benefactor level and above:
Ellen Stone, Senior Director of Development, ellen [at] carolinatheatre [dot] org or (919) 973-6796
Carolina Theatre of Durham, Inc. is a nonprofit organization. Membership donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Determining tax-deductible amount of membership donation is the sole responsibility of the donor.
These benefit levels are effective January 2020. Membership benefits/levels may be changed at any time.
Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 1 (888) 830-4989. The license is not an endorsement by the State.