Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update from the Carolina Theatre of Durham
Carolina Theatre of Durham, Inc. prides itself on making the safety of all guests, performers, volunteers and staff its highest priority. We are vigilantly monitoring the constantly evolving situation around the spread Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will continue to do so.
(UPDATE -- March 13 -- 7:45 p.m. : The Carolina Theatre of Durham will be closed to the public starting at midnight, March 14 to noon on Saturday, March 28.)
We are following the direction and best practices recommended by official local, state and federal agencies, including Durham County Public Health Department, the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC), all of whom have helped us with the precautionary measures below.
We suggest that all guests, performers, volunteers and staff obtain their information only from official agencies and trust only schedule changes that are announced by the theatre.
(UPDATE -- March 13 -- 7:45 p.m. : In accordance with Governor Roy Cooper's guidelines endorsed by the North Carolina Department of Health & Human Services (NCDHHS), the following events have been postponed or canceled:
We urge all guests, performers, volunteers and staff to exercise caution and eschew panic. Use your best judgement and keep yourself safe. If you feel sick or have flu-like symptoms, stay home and contact us through the methods below to discuss ticketing policies and exchanges.
Our housekeeping staff always cleans and disinfects the venue after every performance and screening. We are taking the following additional steps to protect our guests, volunteers and staff during the current situation:
- We have increased daily cleaning, including hand rests, backs of seats and doorknobs.
- We have increased the frequency of re-stocking soap and paper towel dispensers in restrooms.
- Four floor-standing hand sanitizer stations have been ordered and will be placed in the lobbies as soon as they arrive.
- Posters regarding hand-washing best practices have been posted in the bathrooms and behind the concession stands.
- We have messaged staff and volunteers regarding best practices regarding hand washing and precautionary cleaning measures.
- Volunteers will not take tickets or phones from guests to scan tickets, instead guests will hold tickets or phones while volunteers scan.
- Concessions staff will not be reusing popcorn bags or cups for free refills. We will provide guests with a new cup and/or bag to reduce possible contact with potentially sick guests.
- We are waving the requirement for a healthcare provider’s note for employees who are sick with any respiratory illness.
We will announce any changes to our schedule via email to ticket holders, on our website (carolinatheatre.org), press release/alert to media and posts to our social media channels at Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
If you have any questions about your next visit or have any other concerns about attending an upcoming performance or screening at the Carolina Theatre of Durham, please call the box office at (919) 560-3030 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday – Friday or email efan [at] carolinatheatre [dot] org.
Thank you for your continued support of the Carolina Theatre of Durham.