Join Our Team
The Carolina Theatre is always looking to expand its pool of well-qualified employees with experience in certain areas of operations related to live events and cinema. If you have at least one year experience as a box office clerk, house manager, concessions clerk, or projectionist, and you want to work in an environment where customer service excellence is expected, we'd like to hear from you. Send an e-mail outlining your experience to hr [at] carolinatheatre [dot] org. Please understand that the availability of positions varies throughout the year, so you may not hear from us immediately. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Assistant Box Office Manager
Carolina Theatre of Durham, Inc.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include:
• Maintain day to day customer service and Box Office schedule for the organization as overseen by the Box Office Manager. Conduct any regular ticket seller duties as needed.
• Facilitate all school reservations, generate invoices and ensure all payments are received in a timely manner. Communicate any relevant information to internal staff.
• Relay time-sensitive or confidential information to promoters and show management. Verify and/or manage event details, information, inventory, etc. in a timely manner and with a high-level of accuracy.
• Reconcile daily ticket sales and prepare cash deposits.
• Fulfill Legacy Box season and single event orders. Inform Legacy Box holders of any new and special events. Work special events, festivals, etc. and support the organization on the community level.
• Coordinate with Director of Development to complete daily donation entry, print thank you letters and membership cards, and assist with monthly renewals. Act as primary contact for donors/members on all box office related matters; including but not limited to season or special ticket requests, ticketing questions, ticket related benefit fulfillment, etc.
• Manage the Box Office for various live and special events. Open/close the Box Office and assist the Box Office Manager when needed.
• Target any problem areas or issues and escalate to the appropriate department when necessary. Follow-through to completion. Keep the Box Office Manager apprised at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job requirements include advanced math and data entry skills, at least three years in a box office or ticketing environment, working Ticketmaster system knowledge (Archtics preferred) and a completed degree from a four-year institution. Must be an open, flexible team player, possess a strong customer service background and maintain a positive attitude. Must be able to work irregular or long hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
The Carolina Theatre of Durham, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which manages the city-owned Carolina Theatre at 309 W. Morgan Street, Durham, NC 27701. Carolina Theatre of Durham, Inc. is dedicated to presenting vibrant, thought-provoking film and live performances that contribute to the cultural and economic vitality of downtown Durham and the Triangle Region. The Carolina Theatre of Durham, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Part-time Audience Services/Concessions staff
The Carolina Theatre is seeking enthusiastic individuals for customer service positions in our Audience Services/Concessions department. Ideal candidates will have at least some experience serving customers and handling money in a fast-paced food service or entertainment type environment. We require everyone to be courteous, prompt and reliable and must be available to work a flexible schedule consisting mostly of nights and weekends. If interested in becoming a member of our team and working in an exciting and unique entertainment venue, please submit an application/resume to: Michelle Irvine, Director of Audience Services: michelle [at] carolinatheatre [dot] org
Or mail to:
The Carolina Theatre
Attn: Michelle Irvine
309 W. Morgan St.
Durham, NC 27701