Join Our Team
The Carolina Theatre is always looking to expand its pool of well-qualified employees with experience in certain areas of operations related to live events and cinema. If you have at least one year experience as a box office clerk, house manager, concessions clerk, or projectionist, and you want to work in an environment where customer service excellence is expected, we'd like to hear from you. Send an e-mail outlining your experience to hr [at] carolinatheatre [dot] org. Please understand that the availability of positions varies throughout the year, so you may not hear from us immediately. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Part-time Concessions & Box Office Staff
The Carolina Theatre is seeking enthusiastic individuals for customer service positions in Concessions and Box Office departments. Ideal candidates will have at least some experience serving customers and handling money in a fast-paced food service or entertainment type environment. We require everyone to be courteous, prompt and reliable and must be available to work a flexible schedule consisting mostly of nights and weekends. Candidates for Box Office be comfortable working with computers and box office or ticketing experience preferred, but not necessary. If interested in becoming a member of our team and working in an exciting and unique entertainment venue, please submit an application/resume to: Michelle Irvine, Director of Audience Services: michelle [at] carolinatheatre [dot] org or Katie Quinn, Box Office Manager: katie [at] carolinatheatre [dot] org.
Or mail to:
The Carolina Theatre
Attn: Michelle Irvine or Katie Quinn
309 W. Morgan St.
Durham, NC 27701
Full-time Event Coordinator
The Carolina Theatre of Durham, Inc. is seeking a full-time Event Coordinator to serve as the primary liaison to organizations and individuals producing events at the Carolina Theatre.
The Event Coordinator will ensure a quality experience for clients and work to create a safe and enjoyable environment for participants and guests. The position requires an individual with event management experience who can demonstrate a professional and patient demeanor, adapt to change within a framework of policy, be detail oriented, comfortable working independently and exercising judgment in the best interest of the Carolina Theatre.
The responsibilities include:
- Serving the Carolina Theatre Programming Department as the primary contact for clients from contract through settlement, working with clients to determine event details, production needs, day-of timeline, and other requirements in a timely and organized manner.
- Communicating event needs to internal operations and production staff to provide housekeeping, security, equipment, concessions and volunteers to achieve the clients’ needs within the scope of the contract.
- Serving as the lead Carolina Theatre employee on assigned events, working with clients, guests, staff and volunteers to balance customer service, profit, security, and safety.
- Assisting with Carolina Theatre and partner organization produced events including but not limited to catering planning and serving as a day-of event representative.
- Ensuring that clients and their contracted service providers comply with Carolina Theatre policies and all federal, state and local laws regarding public safety and alcohol sales and service.
- Processing and understanding contracts, grant applications, and necessary paperwork
- Generating settlements for client review.
- Preparing expense estimates for events and insuring payment schedules/deadlines are met.
- Conducting tours of the facility with prospective clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified individuals should have at least two years of experience in event management for a facility or organization that hosts or produces events. A bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or any combination of education, training, and/or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or related field is preferred.
To apply, send your resume to hr [at] carolinatheatre [dot] org. No phone calls or follow-up e-mails, please. Suitable candidates will be contacted. The position will remain open until filled.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. The position requires reliable transportation and a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively, verbal and written, in English. Candidates must be skilled in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, and be able to create and manipulate spreadsheets.
The Carolina Theatre of Durham, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Carolina Theatre of Durham, Inc. is a non-profit organization operating the Carolina Theatre under a management agreement with the City of Durham.